The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Traded 89 9500 for 2000 9550 side hill a 11/2 years ago. During the fall harvest a year ago had major capacity issues in corn and beans. So in the middle of harvest changed out the concave and rasp bars it got better after that but still didn't seem right and still doesn't. This years for example in 200 to 230 bushel corn with 8 row head I can't push it past 2.5 mph or will start to get walker loss. This is the first year for the 8 row had a 6 before. With my 9500 I could run 3.5 to 4 mph and never noticed any walker loss with 6 row head. This machine just seem 4 times as hard to set up and have to do alot more adjusting through out the day. Just frustrated because something doesn't feel right. I know i don't have my 9500 to put right beside in this crop to compare, just wondering if this is about right for capacity or not to me it seem low or I had a really good 9500. Corn settings are cylinder 430, concave 38, fan 1300, all of the back concave inserts out, have a concave curtain, steal curtain over walkers and rubber behind that one. O moisture of corn is 21 to 24. in beans I get walker loss again at 2.5 to 2.7 mph pushing a 920f beans are running 75 80 bushel. Been running walkers for 10 years and never have been so frustrated. Maybe this is all i can get out of it but it doesn't feel like my old 9500, it feels like a step back wards no front. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
44 Posts
call kuchar perf combine put his parts in and you will get rid of the walker loss problem and get a much better samble. no joke his stuff works. good luck.

·
Registered
26 Posts
We had a 9550 sidehill (went to a STS in 05') and i would think you should handle more than what you are saying. We had 8 row corn heads and 925f head for beans and thought that was about right for the machine. Although you are in wetter and better corn than we had and much better beans. In our corn @ 180 bu and 18% we could run around 4-4.5mph. I know our 9550 Sidehill would out harvest our 9500 Sidehill at the time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts