The Combine Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2003 9550, we had a 9410 but we traded this year. We just started running soybeans this weekend and we are getting a lot of trash in are bin. What would be good settings to run. If someone could help me out, it would help me a lot. Thanks

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
You didn't say STS or Walker. But generally, to much trash means either to little air, or to much opening on the (bottom) seive.

And you didn't describe the trash. If it is unthreashed pods, you need to tighten your concave spacing. If it is fluff, leaves, or light stuff you need more air. It's very hard to use to much air on good quality beans. Sometimes if it is broken pieces of stalks (over threashing) you need to open the concave clearances. But I would expect over threashing in beans to cause alot of broken seeds.

What do your returns look like? This is the stuff that gets thru the chaffer (top seive), but doesn't make it thru the (bottom) seive. If your returns aren't at least 1/3 grain, your chaffer is open to far. You can check your returns by opening the trap door on the bottom of the return elevator after the machine is off and has coasted to a stop.

Concave setting on a walker the general rule is tighten the concave until the grain is threashed, and then slow the cylinder down until the breakage stops (is acceptable). Don't know how to set a STS.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts