The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for any information related to a 9550 with low HP. It's a 2001 model with the 6.8, 24 V common rail engine. It's giving two error codes A0013 and 4707 and the light saying the fuel pressure is high/low is on.

The combine belongs to one of my neighbors and it has been down for almost two weeks. Two different dealers have worked on it and have not been able to find the problem. That suggest to me that it's not a simple fix. I thinking it's more than likely a wiring problem somewhere within a harness or issues with the ICM.

I'm hoping that some one else as had or heard of a similar problem. I have not looked at it yet, but by the end of the week we are going to start cutting the rest of this soybeans and he is asking me for help with it.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
653 Posts
It actually reads a00 1347.07. Why the A00 controller is saying it and not your ecu doesn't make since. The 1347.07 code sets when your actual fuel rail pressure doesn't meet the desired pressure.

You should check the fuel supply. Replace filters? Make sure supply lines are cleared. If all is good it might be the suction control valve. This valve regulates the pressure in the rail.

I worked on one last week that took a fuel pump to fix.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for information. I'm sure it has never had a chip, but I will confirm. You would think that at least one of the dealers checked the simple/common stuff (sensors, fuel flow, filter and connections) but i guess you never now.

The code info is all second hand information from my neighbor and trust me, he would have it all wrong.

I'm up to my eyeballs in alligators right now and plan to look at it myself toward the end of the week. I'm sort of hoping one of the other guys will figure it out by then. If not, I may have more questions.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Take off your housing for the first fuel filter. I had one that had a small obstruction one of the elbows where you couldn't see it. It threw the low rail pressure code and had the same symptoms. It freely flowed with out pressure on it but limited fuel supply just enough when under load to drop the rail pressure. We also tried all kinds of things to fix it and the dealer was recommending new injectors before we finally found this simply blockage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Take off your housing for the first fuel filter. I had one that had a small obstruction one of the elbows where you couldn't see it. It threw the low rail pressure code and had the same symptoms. It freely flowed with out pressure on it but limited fuel supply just enough when under load to drop the rail pressure. We also tried all kinds of things to fix it and the dealer was recommending new injectors before we finally found this simply blockage.
Thanks for the information Barn door. We made it our there today with our combine to start cutting for him. They managed to get it running this morning, but they have no clue what they did.

It did act up twice today, but straightened up after a few minutes. We are expecting heavy rain Sunday, so I told him as long as it's running to keep going.

We should finish up tomorrow and I'm going to pull the first filter off as you suggested and check for any trash.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.