The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running a 560C Challenger and need to pick 100 acres of corn this fall. I am wondering which concaves to use ? I have a set of small grain in it now for wheat but last fall I ran a set large wire concaves in soybeans and milo and got along fine with them.

I also have 8 roundbars that were in the machine when I bought it along with 4 of the large wires on the right front position. I think this would be a better setup for corn but I am wondering if I could get by with the large wires in corn also and not have to switch during harvest as I will be harvesting milo, beans and corn this fall.

Should I also switch the small grain chaffer and seive back to the corn chaffer and seive or could I just open them way up and get by? I am guessing around 160 bu/acre corn and a 12 row head.

This is the first time I have harvested corn so any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
I will look next time I am back at our machine. Have. 2013 9560. It is setup as a corn/bean combine. Only ran it for 50 acres last year but it did a beautiful job in corn.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I put the 4 large wires on the front right side and the round bars every where else. I am hoping to start on corn tomorrow

1 - 4 of 4 Posts