The Combine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anybody running a 9560sts bullet rotor? We upgradded from a 9510 to a 2006 9560sts this year loaded with every option u can get on it. It has been a great combine it will run circles around the walkers. It was the right yer to switch our beans have had green stems all harvest long. we got a price to roll it over on a bullet rotor loaded the same with 4wd and everything we have now. Didnt know if anyone has ran the 9560 bullet rotor and how well they like it. thanks

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hey there, I may be wrong but, as far as I have seen Deere does not offer the bullet rotor in a 9560 Or now a 9570. These models have the smaller diameter rotor. Bullet rotors are availiable on the larger diameter rotors in the 96/97/9860 or 70's. Ran 2 9660 bullet rotors this fall, western Canada, small grains...tough straw. Really liked them good feeding, no banging in the rotor. If you can get it through the feederhouse, it seemed to wanna go through good. Really shines in tough heavy straw. Had a custom operator with 9760 standard rotor who quit when the cab was shaking for the banging on the one day. We kept on going. Dunno if it would have as big a benefit in corn. I think the bullet rotor probably improved performance on the smaller models with limtied HP. I am hoping the new chopper which takes less HP will also give the same kinda boost for next year... Hope this helps

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
9560 sts were not bullet rotors in 2006. They made them bullet rotors in 2007. We just traded our 06 for an 07 bullet rotor the other day. We loved the 06 so hopefully the 07 bullet rotor will be even better.

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
Even talking to most Deere dealers they will say that the bullet rotor is just a sticker on the side of the combine. Only in the tough stuff will it make any difference. It just depends on what your conditions are usually like.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.