The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody been around a 9560 STS we are looking at trading our trusty old 9400 in on one. What should we look at as far as the machine we have not been around rotors to much. what kind of tire setup are we going to want, I would like duals but I don't know how that would work with a 6 row corn head. we will also be getting a 625F flex head I should be nice not having to bolt up the head anymore. Any input will be appreciated Thanks

Dave

·
Registered
27 Posts
Re: 9560 STS

Look for an oil leak where the backshaft comes out of the reverser. There is an o-ring on the shaft that likes to leak. The o-ring has been subbed, so if it has been replaced in the last 6 months or so it should be the new one.
Check the shoe auger drive shaft gears. They come loose on the shaft and can ruin it. Same for the shoe auger shafts also.
Check for cracks on the middle bearing mounting flange (support brace) for the shoe auger driveshaft.
Reel pump bearings, they still like to get loose.
Stick with the heavy duty rear axle spindles, the old ones like you have on your 9400 are high wear items. If it has the lighter spindles, jack it up to check the spindle bushings.
Front bottom brace for the right hand side engine axcess door likes to break. If you have to push up on the ladder to get the door to lock open, the brace is cracked.
Look at the carrier bearing for the primary countershaft gearbox driveshaft. the shaft sometimes will slide forward, pushing the bearing out of the rubber mounting.
Run the chaffer and sieve all the way open and then closed. They should turn easy. Chaff can build up in the tracks for the adjusters and can be very hard to adjust.
Depending on the hours, feed accelerator fins and the front row or 2 of the rotor threshing elements can wear.

That is all I can think of off the top of my head.

·
Registered
4 Posts
we run 9560 with duals and 6 row corn head only thing we had to do was to make a new notch in ladder swing mechanism so ladder would swing close to header and not stick out.Our 625 hydroflex works great with this unit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts