The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a prebullet 9560sts and have trouble with rotor loss. I am running in 22 percent corn,rotor 350, concave 28, fan 1050, 693 head and large wire in the front with every other wire pulled. I also found the large wire will still plug in most conditions and when this happens I really dont see a difference in rotor loss, maybe better actually
but the grain is ground up more. any help

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would try the roundbars as well,heard of guys saying the large wires work well in corn but I know they dont work well in any corn that is somewhat wet. Roundbars should work much better.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a 9760 and also have some rotor loss, just wondering if keystock grates may help? Most the guys around here with CaseIH rotors have very little loss and all of them have keystock grate, anyone know if you can get them for the STS?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I started out this season with round bars,they would not take the corn off the brittle rubbery cob. I had trouble last year as well and was able to help it by going to 18 on concave and 330 to 440 on rotor, but this year I cant because it destroys the cob. I was told by two dealers to try the large wire. The machine only has 700 sep hours on it so the seperator elements should be good. I have not found anybody that offers a keystock grate for the back part, but am tempted to find some used grates and cut every other finger out to open them up a bit to help in leafy corn,but that would not cure getting the corn off the cob.

·
Registered
118 Posts
We are in the process of making The Disrupter Kits for the JD STS Combines. We are the manufacturer of THe Estes Disrupter for all Case-IH rotors. The rotor loss in corn is the result of kernels being carried out on corn shucks. Larger openings in grates will certenly help but cutting up the shuck will help even more. There has been a-lot of conversation this year and many operaters interested in them and I plan to have them ready for the Louiville Farm Show. C M Welding Inc. Phone 765-891-1722 ask for Donnie (www.cmweldinginc.com/)

·
Registered
210 Posts
round bar to get the best perforance, slow down the air to 1030, speed the rotor to 450-500 then you may not be getting enough matterial in. we run 12 row 250 bushel 19 % corn at 3.5 mph

1 - 9 of 9 Posts