The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a customer with a fairly new 9560sts, (600hrs) that has suddenly developed a sever vibration. It seems to be comming from the propshaft to countershaft area everything else disconected. We have stripped and checked the countershaft box all seems good, i stripped and checked the drive in the engine bay seems fine. The center bearing is perfect, the only time the vibration goes away is when i disconect the propshaft, then all is fine. I have disconected the jackshaft belts etc but same sever vibration. The yoke on the countershaft is tight and the electric clutch bearing is good. Has anyone had a similar problem?Could the propshaft suddenly go out of balance with now one ever touching it and all the cross bearings are good.?

·
Registered
400 Posts
how is the hub on the electric clutch?

i have had several where i can get a 1/2 inch or more of play between the clutch and gearcase, replaced the hub and vibration was gone.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could try just taking it off and see what happens, i have replaced lots of bearings on those hubs this year. We had the propshaft balanced yesterday, it seems it was out and they had to make a number of adjustments to the weights to get it right. Seems it might be a good thing to add to the maintaince program get your propshaft balanced. Not sure if this will solve the sever vibration will see today.

·
Registered
45 Posts
install the new hub on clutch and take the brg and mount loose on the right side and see if it is out of alignment had one had to add washers on the right side to get alignment right and vibration diappeared gl hope this helps, also check mount on gearbox to make sure it is not cracked

1 - 5 of 5 Posts