The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My command center says moisture sensor motor mot running, go to diagnostic repair. my owners manual says CLEAN SENSOR.Do they mean disassemble the whole unit, or is there a simple way to clean the censor.

·
Registered
205 Posts
If you had that message, that is not good news. Take the moisture tester out of
the hopper and take it apart on the bench and clean and inspect.
Maybe it was just stopped up with some bad wet grain.
Every time you put the key to on, to start the machine you should hear the tester go
through a cycle.
The newer 70 series had an improved tester with rubber
gasket, etc.

·
Registered
848 Posts
What are you combining? Is this the big John Deere sensor inside the hopper or the Ag Leader on the side of the clean grain elevator. The John Deere gave us stoppages two years ago. The "pepper" canola would get past the plunger and stop the plunger once the drains under the sensor were covered. Empty the hopper and away we'd go until the sensor stopped again. The new rubber plunger lasted about a day, so we finished the canola with the old hard plunger.

Drop the bubble-up auger and see if the plunger is free. Next check the drains by reaching under the black shields and feeling for an opening at the top. I haven't seen a plugged drain but I suppose it could happen.

There's no need to take the sensor out of the hopper for an inspection and lube. Just take the cover off and oil the lead screw. I think you can replace all the electronics while you're in the hooper too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the response. this is a 2008 9570 with a green star unit in the grain tank . I bought the combine in dec. and am now getting ready to harvest corn and beans . First the command center would not except the head . then it would not except the feeder house .I had a $875.00 service call to get that fixed. now the moisture censor problem. Im ready to go back to my 9400.

·
Registered
848 Posts
OK, the problem could be mechanical or electrical. First, turn the key on and listen for it cycling as mentioned above. If it cycles, you're limited to checking the wiring for breaks and unplugging and reconnecting connections. A $ervice call is next. :rolleyes:

If it doesn't cycle check for a stuck plunger or dry lead screw as I explained earlier as well as the electrical connections. It could have been in some sappy weeds before it was parked and be gummed up now.

Check the oil in the bubble-up gearbox while you're up there. It's buried under that monstrosity of a moisture tester. It helps if you can stand on your head.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you .I,m going to check my connections an clean and lube the lead screw . looks like were the harness comes through the bin wall there is some ware or pull on the weirs . I moved that harness and it ran. thanks again from illinois

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
I had the same thing on a 9760 - inside the tank, the harness to the sensor got stepped on and damaged a wire. Pretty easy fix, and easy to find the damage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts