The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealing with a 9570sts. Cranks forever and won't start try again and again. When it does start it starts at like 300 rpm and slowly goes up in rpm. And stays low on power for an hour or so while harvesting. Then runs great and has good power and then starts fine again. No codes and new fuel filters. Any ideas?

·
Registered
653 Posts
You need to have deere come out and do some tests. First have them check the SCV valve(suction control valve) they do this by reading the desired fuel rail pressure to the actual pressure. When they do this they can see what your fuel rail pressure is because it seems like it may be your issue. It might not be your scv it could be a limiter or one of the check valves leaking off when your shut down. But that test is the easiest to do and it checks the common rail for several issues.

Low power after start up might be low manifold pressure. When it finally warms up it could seal itself back up.

Could be several things. Sounds like fuel rail problem to me. IMO

·
Registered
653 Posts
No but you don't want to just start throwing parts on. The only way that I know how to read fuel rail pressure is hooked up with service advisor. And doing a graph reading of actual to desired will tell if its on spec or not. May not be fuel related at all.

I am assuming you have the 6.8L tier3?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.