The Combine Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We currently run a 9600 & 9650WTS. I don't plan on upgrading combines anytime soon as the ones I have are super cheap to run, and we need our straw for the dairy so I don't wanna go to a rotor. We grow about 1100ac of cereals (wheat, oats little bit of barley) and 600-700ac of canola. We've always swathed every acre, but I'm adding peas to the rotation next yr. Our land is very rolling/hilly so I'm looking to buy a flex so I can shave as much off the ground as I can. I've been told draper heads work alot better than auger heads in cereals, but its really hard to find a 30' macdon 974. I was wondering how 930F's with full auger finger kits work in heavy oat and wheat crop? In a heavy year we can see CWRS 80-85bu/ac, CNHR 95-100bu/ac, oats 160-170bu/ac, canola 55-60bu/ac. Issues when straw gets tough at night? I had debated getting Macdon 972's but I feel our losses would be fairly high in the hollows between hills. In a perfect world I'd buy a flex draper, but our old combines are only compatible with so many headers..

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have a 9610 and have both a 972 and a 930f for it.I now use the 930f for everything. Both headers are for sale as I am selling the combine. PM if you're interested

1 - 2 of 2 Posts