The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While combining corn this year, I noticed my concave would start to open. I would sometimes have to close it between 15-20 times a day. It would only do this in corn, not milo or wheat. Any ideas on what the problem is?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Brake inside the actuator is getting weak. Not alot of options for parts and its rather pricey AH170291 $795 List.
I fixed a few by cleaning the brake and used some parts from the old Gator actuator that does show a break down of parts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Ebay has actuators for the gator which are the same. I bought a spare which was new for one last year. I have another source for the same actuators and can get them direct from the builder,not John deere. Let me know if you need help. These usually pull the screws out, too much force in heavy conditions.

·
Registered
200 Posts
a good place to look for one of those actuators is on an old satellite dish, the big type ones. all they are is a linear actuator most commonly used for a dish. i was amazed when i saw what some of those thieves on ebay wanted for them. 800 bucks my ass, they sell for a hundred bucks from a satellite supplier!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts