The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an issue with the unload auger staying out and also some times the reel will go up but won’t come down again . You can turn the header off and on again. Then everything seems to work fine for a while . Anyone have any ideas ?

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Not sure about the auger but the reels wont work unless that yellow switch is in the neutral position. Combine wont start either if its not.

·
Premium Member
2,008 Posts
That could be problems in your hydraulic control valve. The one with all the solenoids on it. Only worked on that valve a couple times. I never did get very good with that valve stack.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
On mine if you trigger the reel switch up while the auger is swinging in or out, the reel will go up all the way and stay there until the auger is done it’s movement. Then everything returns to normal. It’s been that way since the day it was new. I always assumed it was the nature of the beast, and had something to do with how the valve stack was designed.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
The Reel is a single acting valve, if any other function is calling for pressure, the reel will go up, not down. As stated, thats the way the combine works.

Is the unloader "drifting" or actually "swinging hydraulically". If the unloader is "drifting", then you just have a "leak", either internally in the cylinder, or likely one of the valves.

If the unloader is actually "swinging", then you may have an electrical wiring problem...you would have to actually test the voltage to the valves and go from there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ive had that problem with the reels lifting and when the auger swing switch is not in the neutral position. It turned out it was the limit switch on top of the auger turret out of adjustment. This switch is supposed to disconnect the power once auger has made full swing so hydraulics arent sitting there squealing. Maybe look into that switch.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Ive had that problem with the reels lifting and when the auger swing switch is not in the neutral position. It turned out it was the limit switch on top of the auger turret out of adjustment. This switch is supposed to disconnect the power once auger has made full swing so hydraulics arent sitting there squealing. Maybe look into that switch.
x2...if you are not already doing so, make returning the auger swing switch to center a habit. Keep your hand on it until it stops, then shut it off. The micro-switches were a big pain. Even with the new "timer module" that replaces the switches, I've had a few issues. Oh, and you don't get the dumb..."why won't the combine start..oh WAIT" issue either!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts