The Combine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard that at some point along the way of the years of the 9600 Deere put a new plate on/in the feeder house somewhere and that this help greatly with dust out front?

True or false? If so, when did it start? Anyone have a picture of it?

If true, can a person ad the part from deere to older 9600s and can you make one yourself?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I beleve in 1994 they raised the cab couple inches and did something to prevent dust from the feeder house,there is some shield in front 0f the cyl.we had a 92 and a 94 and the dust was very noticable different,I never did research what was done but sure someone from deere will know,good luck.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Our 96 -9600 has very little dust. Had a 90-9500 that was terrible. The plate is at the top pf feeder house. Ask dealer about a retro.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone have any picts, diagrams or part numbers? I cannot seem to find a person at Deere who knows about this.

·
Registered
380 Posts
When I was running a 9600 - 9610, I put a air deflector on top of feeder house, I think it was mfg by Johnson, worked very well. It was a fan that was run off hydraulics and deverted dust on side of feeder house.

·
Registered
380 Posts
That was 15 years ago, I don't remember, if you are mechnical could make your own. Looked like a u trough upside down on top of inspection door with a elbow on the end. Has a fan driven by a hydralic motor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts