The Combine Forum banner

9600 is it the right choice

11K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  bdawg 
#1 ·
this fall I ran a 1999 9510 with a 8 row 30 inch head. top speed would be around 3mph. My partner ran a 9660 with a 8 row head at about 5mph. This really made it hard for the grain cart operator, it was almost a 2-1 ratio for him to keep running to my partner. I don't own the 9510, I liked the machine but a 8 row head was really pushing it, the belt on the clean grain took a beating, and was the ultimate limiting factor to this set up. I want to get a 9600, can that put me around the 3.5 to 4 mph range with a 8 row 30 inch rows around 175 to 195 bpa mositure around 20-24%. I know it won't be a 9660 capacity, thats not a fair comparison, 2 different breeds of combine, but I think a 9600 will do fine and I am familar with the operation, etc... The reason I don't look to a 9610 is right now I only run 300-400 acres of my own, don't really have the custom acres yet, maybe in the future.
Overall would this set up work better than the 9510, i haven't had time to sit down and look at all the spec's to see the diffences, still running snow through right now wishing we were done. thx

Discussion starter · #7 ·
thx for info guys, i read the precleaner question for 9600 that sorta answered alot too. I'm a big international guy so this was a tough descission to go to, i have ran 1660 to 1680 to 2188 to 8010, key here is i ran someone elses, now i want my own and i like the 9600 and i agree for the money and what i want it to do it should be fine. Only complaint is i hate how i have to listen to the rotor belt growl when doinG wet beans.

Discussion starter · #9 ·
it was the the clean grain elevator , in soybeans it was thrashing, everything was wet and of course a poor year but in corn it seemed to be the clean grain, that worries me if that is the same as a 9500, their must be something wrong then, cause i have seen alot of 9600 with eight row heads, 2.5mph to 3mph can't be the answer.

Discussion starter · #11 ·
BDAWG, YOU answered my question in another post about a 9500 clean grain elevator. we broke the spring on the belt, on the tensioner and when we got it fixed it was still loose but no more adjustment could be made, when you start pushing corn in i bet it was slipping the belt till it plugged. i thought that belt should have been alot tighter!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.