The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When any type of alarm sounds on my 9600, whether it is grain tank full, high water temp. (engine), slow shaft speed, or whatever...it (the alarm) all sounds the same. I suspect this is the case because I have an 'early' 9600. [On] the light panel, the grain tank full light is blue while the rest of them are red...
I appreciate being warned, but it literally drives me
~crazy~
when that alarm/buzzer is going off due to the grain tank being full!
I am wanting to do one of two things: either change the sound of the grain tank full alarm altogether (make that alarm sound different than the rest) OR make the grain tank full alarm 'beep', instead of the constant, mono-tone, never-ending alarm...
Have any of you modified your grain tank full alarm?

JdTech: Do you know a 'simple' way to do this? Anybody?

Anything that 'beeped' or something like that would be better. I have my grain tank full sensor set down a bit, so that when it goes off, there is still enough room in the tank to allow time for the grain cart to get there...I usually do not have to stop and wait on the cart..
I may have asked this question, in brief, at the bottom of one of my other posts...sorry if you have read this before..
This Forum has been such a help, though, I thought I would try to resolve this issue. I know it is knit-picky, but you have to admit that the ugly tank full buzzer gets old after a while. I know the later combines changed the grain tank full sound..it is different than, say, the engine temp. alarm..I was hoping I could do something about this alarm without having to spend a lot of money, or re-wire a lot of stuff. Thanks!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: 9600 "Grain Tank Full" Sensor/Alarm..Modify It

Thank you very much for that info, but I do not know where to reference Solution Numbers...???

Would you tell me where to go to research this? Hopefully, it will be online!
Thanks!

·
Registered
504 Posts

I reckon he means that is a DTAC number. Get one of your dealers service guys to look it up. Its kinda Deere's "Q & A" for the mechanics..

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts

Yes this is a John Deere DTAC solution number. Would have to go in the manual on the early and later combines to see what is changed in the wiring for the slow shaft speed.

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts

Solution number 5694 talks about this on combines below SN 645000. The lowshaft speed circuit board will require to be modified and it is not in the manual, so if something went wrong later on the manul is no help. So it can be done, but they do not tell us how.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

OK..I will talk to local mechanic about it...

Thanks, motram5455! +1 for the help!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts