The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I bought 9600 from a jd dealer and just got delivered today, like a dummy I didnt check out the reverser oil before buying partly because showed no signs of leaks. When did checked at home no oil on the dipstick, but did drain it and must of been about .5 of litre out it. My question is has the reverser been damaged running on very low oil, its hard to know how long its been like that, just want some opinions. Thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
It only holds around 1 litre. If no chunks came out and it seems to work I would fill it up with synthetic gear oil and drive on. Good luck

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Did it run a corn head or grain head? You should be able to yank the cable and see if it swaps rotation nice and firm, I would fill with oil, run for a bit and drain oil and strain through a rag, no sparkles or glitter refill and go.

4K for a reverser rebuild...maybe I should shift back to Nth America....you can buy a whole combine here for 25k....

Ant...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was used mostly with 914 header and grian/canola. Its got 2200 seperator hours. I will check it out more with flushing out and checking for metal. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts