The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a 1996 9600 and am going to be coupling it with an 894 corn header. Deere offers a complete bundle package BH81311 that is a cooler and pump components for the feeder house reverser gearcase. Is there anyone out there that thinks this is a good idea, bad idea, im sure the kit is around 1300 dollars. It seems also the kit has the correct hoses to run the the gearcase, im guessing through the only pipe plugs on the cases. Thanks to all.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I bought one for running the air reel on a 930f, but I haven't put it on yet. It was really heating the reverser to the point that you couldn't touch it. With the air reel disconnected it's no problem, nor is a 6r corn head. I'd try running the 8 row without it and synthetic oil in the reverser first. Just a tip if you do decide you want one anyway. I talked my dealer into negotiating the price on the cooler when I was buying a larger item.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I think deere recomened running a cooler with 8 and 12 row heads...but def. run the synthetic oil to extend gearbox life.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you guys use the synthetic in the primary gearcase? How about the knife drive, walker drive, and elevator drive cases?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I run synthetic in the reverser, knive gearcase, and the one under the seat. The walker gearcase I have is grease filled(I had to change it-bad walker crank), and the clean grain box seems to run very "clean" so I leave it alone. I did change my cylinder two speed this year at 1900 hrs, never changed and was clean as the day it was put in.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
J kane do you run your two speed meaning use the slow speed feature for your crops? Im still tossing the idea of putting the cooler kit on my reverser once I fit it with my 8 row corn head. Just seems this box even when running a 30 ft rigid doesnt keep cool, the oil in my 50 seems cleaner after a season.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts