The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does extending the walker extension pans on a 9600 have much benefit? Any drawbacks to having them set long? We are about to start barley harvest here and expect around 100+ bu/ac. on a 30 ft. augar head. It sure looks like they don't leave much room to drop heavy straw to the chopper.

Thanks!

·
Registered
321 Posts
A few years back when we actually had a GOOD wheat harvest, I had some that was making 80-90 bu with alot of straw and wanted to see if the pans helped or not and after a few hours of running and having the walker plugged warning light come on a few times, luckly was able to stop and not plug machine up, the pans were put back in so I guess my .02 is don't mess with them.

I think they're more for sunflowers, less MOG to deal with.

jd

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks jd,

I think I might move those pans back in before we get started tomorrow. I sure don't want to plug it up the first day. Sounds like no one really uses them anyway, or most here are running STS's?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We got started today with the pans still extended. The straw was coming out of the chopper in spurts so it seems the pans were holding the straw up. The plug warning never came on, but it would just be a matter of time before it did, so in went the pans. Just too much straw in 100bu barley for them.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We didn't check the loss. When the straw wasn't spreading smooth I just wanted to get them moved in so we could run. I am curious too, but just didn't have the time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts