The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 9610 and it has a combine data center. Does anyone have any experience with them? How do they work and are they any good? Where are the sensors located?
Thanks

·
Registered
778 Posts
They were more popular befor greenstar came out. You enter your header width and it keeps track of distance traveled. Then it counts your bushels unloaded with a switch hooked to the spill door at the end of the unload auger. From all that it figures out bushels per acre. You can enter different farms/fields as well. I assume you don't have a manual. If you go to the local dealer they can just print off the few pages needed for operating the data center.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. I do have a manual. The reason I ask is that I had never seen one used before. My combine has no switch or wires leading to the spill door. I don't understand why it would have the monitor and not the rest so was wondering if anyone has experience with the system and can tell me if it is worth the trouble or expense of making it complete. When you turn it on it show that it has recorded acres from somewhere. I can't find anything on the online parts book that shows any part of the system. I probably just don't know where to look. Just trying to figure it all out. Thanks again. Marv

·
Registered
778 Posts
If you have anything else on your farm with greenstar components then you're best off just running that because you can share data and components between machines. Plus it has a lot more versatility.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We don't have anything green star. We have a 2166 with AFS yield and moisture monitor but no GPS. I was wondering if I would get by just buying a moisture monitor and whatever sensors are missing for this data monitor. I'm guessing that this system is a poor mans monitor at best but if anyone really got it to work well for them then I might pursue fixing it up. Is anyone running the yield or moisture system from Loup? I can get the moisture system for about $1000 or the complete yield moisture gps system for $4000. Any other suggestions?
Thanks,
Marv

1 - 6 of 6 Posts