The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 9610 that won't start with switch. Starts right up when jumped across starter. also, when it is running the seperator will not engage. I checked relays and solenoids and they seem fine. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Maybe the rotents have got in the wiring during storage, we had a new combine one year here in the UK, we had to put a new shed up to store in through the winter BUT it was the highway for the mice and instead of walking round it they chewed their way through it, come the spring it was dead as a door nail

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you turn your key forward does the cornerpost electronics work? If they do not there is two round relays under a rubber flap near batteries and when one of them fails this will happen. Can not remember which one it is though. Some times a few light taps on them will do the trick. But if you already checked them I am not sure

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Like southern72, I've seen those relays near the batteries give trouble before. There are a few different lots of relays, so I'm not sure which ones you've checked. Does the fuel lift pump work when you turn the key to on?

There is a little black plastic relay (AM53945) attached to the engine block near the starter motor (you need to take out the rear panel from the grain tank to get to it) - have you checked this one? It gave me grief on a 9500.

I've also seen another 9600 with the similar starting symptoms as yours. A circuit breaker in the main electrics box kept getting hot and tripping - long story, but the harness had rubbed through on the chassis, shorting the main power and killing the engine or any attempt to start it.

If any of the circuit breakers feel hot, you may have a similar problem.

The separator not engaging may be part of the above problem, although sometimes the multi pin connector on the right hand side of the cab (accesible from outside just in front of the thresher) can get dry. Cleaning it out with air and some CRC has been known to fix electric control problems.

Just thinking out loud - hope some of it helps ya.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To anyone who read about my problem with 9610 not starting. After checking and switching solenoids and relays, the problem was in the pin connector under right hand window. Someone suggested checking those and after cleaning it up the problem was solved. Thanks for the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts