The Combine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just bought a 9610 and I'm lost... I have a 8820 that has a 220 head on it, the 9610 has a 925 head. I can't run the 9610 any faster than 2 mph, the 8820 will run closer to 3. The 9610 is "growling" at anything faster than 1.8 mph. I've opened up the concave, sped up the cylinder to the point of breaking the beans. I'm not having that much luck. Any suggestions? The beans are still pretty green in spots, but the moisture is running about 11-13 % depending on the variety.

Thanks,
Kevin

·
Registered
340 Posts
I don't know anything about a 9610,, sorry. I'm puzzled why your 8820 will only handle 3 mph. My 6620 with a 920 will handle up to 3.2mph in 45 bushel beans tested 11%, and do a fine job of cleaning with next to no losses.
I'm eager to hear what others have to say about your situation also.

BTW,,, Welcome to the board!!

Mark

·
Registered
619 Posts
you should check your concave to see if it is level and adjusted properly. One side may be to high or too low causing poor performance

·
Registered
57 Posts
if your bars are good and the concave is good then go the the beater grate and put it in the lower position. that means up the bolts in the top slots of the grate and it will run lots better. if it is in the top postion you are putting 25ft of stuff in a 1.5" gap if you lower it is now 3"

·
Registered
321 Posts
are they feeding ok? how are bars and concave? what settings are you at? is the beater sped up? are filler plates in? how many walker curtains are in?

jd

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
9600 and 9650 experience says 3-4 mph in very green stems to 5-7 mph in very dry stems. This is for 50 bushel saybeans.

Yes, with the green stems it will growl, very loudly at times. Sometimes it will sound like it is about ready to come apart, but the tach will back down only 40-60 rpm. Where you have to watch yourself is very good dry beans. The rpm will drop so much the chopper or other low speed warning will come on, but the machine will never make a peep.

Drive it by the tach. I shoot for 2180 to 2240 engine rpm. You shouldn't ever have anything on either side of the grain loss monitor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the suggestions!! I'll look deeper tomorrow, I only got to run for a few hours before the rain got here. With all the info everyone shared, It gives me a few things to look at on the separator side. The more I think about how it ran, it seems that the limiting factor was where it fed into the feederhouse. In dry beans it did OK, but when I was running in very green stems they would bunch at the opening of the feederhouse and choke it up. I'm wondering if the slip clutch could have a problem also, I really just dismissed that idea thinking that the metal had not "slicked-up" yet. I only got to cut about 15 acres. I'll post back when I get to go over it.

Thanks Again!!
Kevin

·
Registered
76 Posts
be sure and raise your feeder house front drum to the corn position in other words as high as it will go, if your header is slug feeding your combine performance will suffer dramatically, put your dual range cylinder in low range and run at nearly full speed to give your belt the most torque to keep from plugging cylinder. lower beater grate. main thing is be sure header feeds smoothly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts