The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 9610 with standard non-folding load auger. I also have bin extension. Was wondering if I switch to folding auger would I get more height for a better fill and less wear on auger and drives?. Does anyone have a kit or suggestions?
Schumarv

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks for the quick replies. Sounds like what I needed. The upper flighting and tube need replaced and this is a good time to make it better. Thanks again

·
Registered
50 Posts
The OE Deere folding auger is the same length as the Non-Folding, so no, it isn't really any better. BUT, if you get a Maurer folding auger, they add the short piece at the bottom, the hinge, and then re-use the non-folding-length flighting above it, making the auger about a foot or so longer. Those seem to work really nice, gets the tip up above the extension and towards the back so it loads evenly.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Greentech do you know if that is the entire piece, top auger and all, or just the lower folding part? For that much I would hope it's the entire thing. I also have some sharp and smaller flighting on the top auger and if that is the entire thing maybe that would be the way to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts