The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 9610 with 4 straw walkers that have hols wore into them on the back were that plastic strip is has anyone had good luck just putting patches over the holes and not have any problems?

·
Registered
11 Posts
l have made a patch that has covered the area that the nylon pads rub on....works fine....just if you are to do 1 walker you have to do them all so that thay are kept the same weight to try and keep them all balanced on the crank... the pads can be replaced as well....just see your dealer for the nylon pads .
Have you had any troble with the walkers falling apart at the rear mounting plate area ?

·
Registered
653 Posts
You can just weld a patch on, get some thin guage sheet metal. You dont need to worry about welding them on all of them, Just check them all over and make sure you weld up all the cracks around the mounting plate. I have done 30-40 of these just like your talking about. Make sure you weld good, and if you make turkey crap, grind it down, or your pads will get distroyed

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok i figured it would work i just have seen a few people have patched over the years and i ended up haveing to fix a mess when they hang up on each other.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I have patched the worn spot and installed all new pads but relocated them further back on good smooth metal. Worked okay last year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts