The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 9610 coming up on a sale nearby, and I'm considering buying it. Currently I'm running two 1660's but one has close to 7000 hours on it and i'd like to retire it. I've been pricing late 90's 2188 and 2388's and they seem to be very high priced on dealer lots. I think I will be able to buy this 9610 for around 60,000 and it's a very nice machine. I'd pay at least 75,000 for a comparable CIH machine. Any comments on the two machines?? And how they compare in a cost per hour. Our yields are normally 30 soybeans, 100 corn, and 40 wheat.

·
Registered
135 Posts
From what I hear, there both pretty cheap to run.

Capacity wise if it's dry 2388 will walk away, the deere will have walker loss. If it's tough going then the 9600 might have the edge, because the 2388 will run out of power before the 9600 will reach it's capacity limit, usually walker loss, but in rediculously tough conditions, sometimes the capacity limit is also power

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
As much as it hurts to say this, objectively, it probably doesn't matter which machine you go with, so save a little cash and buy the deere. In the 40 bushel wheat you would see a capacity gain with the Case, but in beans and corn your limiting factor would be the head, no doubt. As far as the costs of running them, i do not know...but you can do a lot of maintenence for 15 grand.

my .02

brad

1 - 3 of 3 Posts