The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Wondering if anyone has experienced it or could point me in the right direction and a few hints/or Service manual pages

Got a 9620 4Wd tractor with a 12Ltr in it.... No matter the temp the motor sounds like a normal fairly quiet diesel but once the rev's hit 1500RPM and above i get a Rattling/Knocking noise that sounds like a contstant diesel knock sound...
has anyone ever experienced this type of noise
I am thinking it may be the Engine is not getting up to temp??? faulty thermostats (Warm weather running in Australia)
Or Injector pilot injection system not working properly (No idea the praramters or how the system works)

Any help or idea's would be much appreciated
Plan on taking a video next week sometime

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
My guess...... injector.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also to note doesn't miss/smoke or lose power when it hits 1500rpm noise that continues and runs fine other then the noise

·
Registered
311 Posts
Hi All,

Wondering if anyone has experienced it or could point me in the right direction and a few hints/or Service manual pages

Got a 9620 4Wd tractor with a 12Ltr in it.... No matter the temp the motor sounds like a normal fairly quiet diesel but once the rev's hit 1500RPM and above i get a Rattling/Knocking noise that sounds like a contstant diesel knock sound...
has anyone ever experienced this type of noise
I am thinking it may be the Engine is not getting up to temp??? faulty thermostats (Warm weather running in Australia)
Or Injector pilot injection system not working properly (No idea the praramters or how the system works)

Any help or idea's would be much appreciated
Plan on taking a video next week sometime
My 9530 has a 13.5l engine and at 1200rpm I notice a short change in engine sound resembling a engine knock but at 1300 to 1850 rpm it runs smoothly. I have heard other deeres do the same thing. The 9620 has a 12.5 l . If its still knocking over 1250 then its sound to me to be a more serious problem. Check your fan bearing hub at the front of the engine or like kevlar said check injector.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
poor injector
It affects timing on that cylinder has oil level changed get oil checked for fuel
Oil gets changed no diesel in oil or change in level
Poor injector should be more constant under 1500 rpm it's a very noticble change only at that 1500 rpm doesnt matter the load level

What year 9620?
Had one that did this, it’s normal. For that year.

·
Super Moderator
2,791 Posts
Continue to use in a normal manner.
It‘s just annoying, almost makes you want to run outside the rpm range it occurs and in fact that was Deeres solution to the issue, bandaid material.

Smoothest running, best starting (ALL temperatures!) diesel engine I’ve ever seen, by far, was the 2002 9520 I ran.
At a cold soaked -20, no either, no smoke, as smooth as a gas engine running within 2 seconds of cranking, incredible starting engine.

But nooooo, whatever perfection Deere had achieved at that point had to be tinkered with, my next 4 Deere 4WD’s all started like **** compared to the 02.

That 02 9520 was also memorable in that it was the first Deere 4WD in Canada with auto track sealing it’s position at the top of my all time favourite Deere tractor list.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts