The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a couple questions on another post but didn't get a response. I'll ask again. I am sure the answers are buried in these posts so bear with me if I am being stupid or redundant. We have been using a 9650 sts this fall because our 9500 broke down. Put 40 hrs on it and they are putting the pressure on us to trade up an keep it. It is quite a step up from the 9500 and so much quicker. Needless to say it is really selling itself. I would like to know if our 925 flex head is going to be big enough in beans and wheat. Rotors generally need to be full so I didn't know if I would have to go to a bigger head. We have an eight row corn head so it works. Also is greenstar reliable? Was unable to use it because they didn't send the screen with it. We have found other problems with it that need to be fixed. It is a used combine so there is going to be breaks. It has 1950 sep hrs. Any other things I should know would be a great help. It is our first rotor so many things are new to us. Thanks for your time. Cheers.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Your 925F is fine for that machine. Has the combine been through there shop and a list of things it needs? Start with that and see who pays for what. Make your deal where you and the dealer will be happy. Greenstar is great and reliable.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. It had not been threw there shop but one of there service techs is my nephew. He drives the combine for me after work when I go to milk. Together ( including my brother) we have went over it and made a list of parts to order. They have aloud us money to cover it, just debating over whether it is enough. Pretty happy with what they offered for the 9500.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Im in Australia and Ive had a 9650STS with greenstar since 2002, been a great machine, keep up the maintainence on the sieve and chaffer frames and shaker tray bearings, throw in a set of shoe conveyor auger bearings every now and then,if its got a chopper keep the blades in good condition to keep it balanced, and your other general upkeep of the machine and im sure you will be happy with it.i run a 925F for beans, 930D for cereals and a 894 corn front and a 914P for mustard windrows on it and it handles all these very nicely.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts