The Combine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
we switched from a 9600 to a 9650sts and found that the capacity is much more.... we are able to go atleast half to a full mile per hour faster in canola, wheat. and up to 2 miles per hour faster on lentils... I am very, very, very impressed with this machine!

·
Registered
530 Posts
if your talkin both walkers there is a difference in capacity. 50 has more horsepower if you get the later common rail 8.1. and they all have larger clean grain elevators.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Horse power not the problem most of the time, will run crop out the back dont get me wrong this a nice combine in great condition

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
If you harvest any milo, don't think about a 9650STS. It is about 3/4 the size of a walker in milo. And if you install the beater speed up kit in the walker, it gets 10-20% bigger yet in milo.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I agree with you bent our 9650 walker does a better job in milo with a cleaner sample in milo compare to our 9660sts. Right now in this wet corn it is beating the sts.

·
Registered
578 Posts
yup i agree i run a 10 and a 50sts side by side and in wet milo they are about the same, in dry milo the 10 walks away with a chip on it

·
Registered
78 Posts
That is the only bad thing I can think of on a rotary.... they dont like tuff straw.... they are the best during the day in dry conditions, but when the sun sets you do slow down a bit

·
Registered
778 Posts
I can't see that being true in wet straw. I have several customers that have an STS and a walker and this year, being as tough as it was, They would've rather had 2 walker machines. Some of the walkers were modded (cylinder, beater, chipped) and they showed the rotors how it was done day after day.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts