The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
283 Posts
First of all, welcome aboard mat!

The difference between the two are horsepower, final drives and hopper size. You could order heavier final drives on the 9650 STS.

I personally ran both 9650 and 9750 STS on the harvest run (02 and 03's) and there was no discernable difference between the two in the wheat. If you are in need of the extra hp, I would go for the 9750. There may be performance chips to boost the 9650 (I know they were available for the 00-01 yrs)
I know someone else will know!!

We ran them side by side in the corn and beans too, and once again there was no difference in the beans, but we ran different size corn heads in the corn so I can't help you there.

Hope that helps!

· Registered
283 Posts
Do you need to buy them now? Txfarmer put a post out a while ago where there was research saying that Jan-Apr was the best time of year to buy $-wise. I found that prices seem to be $20k higher now than winter time.

Just my 2 cents!!

· Registered
283 Posts
I guess I need to read the posts with a little more care, skimming doesn't cut it I guess!! It might've been kinzepower, but our dealers have been known to "stick it" to guys who buy just before harvest. The sticker/retail price on used combines may stay the same throughout the year, but the salesmen may swing a good cash deal, or other incentives when January rolls around. They don't want their stock to start having birthdays on their lot!!

We've been looking at used combines and the price set out for them seems to be much higher now at harvest time than when we were looking in the winter time. That's just our experience.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.