The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

So we have these really cranky people who live in a house thats surrounded by our farm, and to ease the tension between us, we wanted to know can we shutoff the chaff spreader and just dump the corn trash out the back? i guess it'd be kinda like a swath row so it won't get thrown all over their yard?

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
321 Posts
just raise the chopper/spreader whatever and drive on, until the wind picks up and blows the windrows of sh!t into the yard.

at least you tried.

just tell them it's free fertilizer.

jd

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so that actuator on the back will raise it up all the way from the cab or wherever the button is to raise it? We forgot to get the owners manual to start reading so i've gotta do a 3 day cram session to kinda learn the book and then teach my old man.

·
Registered
486 Posts
there should be a switch on the left hand side of your machine, sort and a electric actuator to pull the thing up.

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
Why not set the speed to a lower RPM when going past and then set it up higher after you are by.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Operating the Spreader

H52050-UN: Operating the Spreader

The spreader is engaged with the separator drive and runs whenever the separator is running.

IMPORTANT:
Operate spreader on slow speed for corn and sunflowers. Engage separator and header, with engine at high idle push and hold bottom of spreader speed switch. Decrease speed until spreader low speed warning activates. Push and hold top of spreader speed switch to increase speed, until warning light deactivates, then release switch. Spreader speed should operate faster than 180 rpm.

Speed of the spreader is variable and is adjustable from the armrest console.

Push and hold top of switch to increase speed. Push and hold bottom of switch to decrease speed.

Adjust speed to spread material residue to the desired width.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts