The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, guys. I oughta know this, but I don't. On my '00 9650STS, just aft of the engine on the engine frame platform floor, up under the over-the-engine ladder, there's a u-channeled strap, about 4-ft long, held in place with a pin, that I'm going nuts over trying to figure out what it is. Kinda reminds me of a strap that the xx00-series used to have to keep the auger in place during OTR transport. No mention in operator's manual. Can't find it in parts manual. Can't see anywhere it would attach to the auger or the body. As the son of a former owner of 3 JD stores, and having worked in parts for about 8 years or so, this kind of crap pisses me off! Somebody please enlighten me, and make me feel foolish (all at the same time!). Thanx in advance.

·
Registered
508 Posts
It wouldn't happen to be the channel that runs from the top of the auger in the hopper to the grain inspection door would it? That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, sir, orange... That 'slide' is bent at about 45* angles, this is a full 90* u-channel.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I PDI'd many STSs when they first came out and they still used those auger transport bars so I'm sure thats what it is. The unload auger light attaching strap should have a provision to hook to the bar, even though it's not in line with the one on the floor. I would often move the light closer to the end of the auger.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
greentech - looks like that's exactly what it is. I didn't think to check for fitting to unloading lamp bracket. Could work that way, IF I slid mine forward about 7 or 8 feet. Figure the strap was for the auger, but didn't see any attach points. Now I can go back to making mindless laps around the field at 6+ mph w/ nary a care!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts