The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a question. Anybody have a different set-up than factory for a unloading auger spout for a little extra throw? Only need about 12" to 18" at the cart to keep the tractor and cart off the tops of the rows, and don't wanna pay $700 or so for a kit. Besides, most kits claim they'll throw an extra 3 feet, which will put me back on top of a row again. Looking for suggestions on a "poor-man's" extension - again, need only a foot or so. Thanx in advance.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have the new style 60 series jd spout on my 9650 and it seems to work great. We run a 36ft macdon and still have alot of room to unload on the go. We use trucks though no cart.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, thought I'd post my '1st version'. Had some left-over pieces of UHMW plastic that were curved, and decided to try a piece of that. The lip hangs down 3" lower than original, and looks like the point of release on the bottom is about 4" farther out than original. Added a wedge of UHMW plastic at the end to splay the original spout, which should give me about the same diameter opening at the bottom. I believe it should throw the grain about a foot farther out, as the original spout was vertical at the end, sending the grain more-or-less straight down. I believe it'll work w/out destroying anything, but I won't know until we get started harvesting milo in a couple weeks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts