The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we have a grain tank full of 24% corn,,,,unloading auger is jammed,,sheared two bolts,,,,any suggestions before we junk it out??? thanks for your help

·
Registered
262 Posts
Drive the combine over top of the unloading pit. Pull out the grain tank traps. Run the uload auger (if you can) The cross augers will take most of the grain out of the tank. Than you can dissassemble it, and find your problem. (GOOD LUCK)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Look at the grease hose that goes into theside of the unloading auger for the upper gearbox. I have seen mukltiple times the head of the "grease bolt" breaks off. The whole time you think you are greasing the gearcase you are just putting grease on the auger.

·
Registered
63 Posts
What's up with that setup there??? I had that problem three times and finally put regular zerk in and doing it old fashion way. Is metal not right on that to handle tube flex??? What should we do on cleaning that gear bpx out for dirt when it happens??? 9560 STS 2007. Do they not know they have problem there???

·
Registered
322 Posts
I assume you are meaning the one on the elbow at the top? My 9600 broke that bolt off. No hose on the older ones, just a zerk that I had to climb up from the engine area to grease. That's the one you mean? What will it take to fix it? Looks like a pain to get that apart and get the broke off piece out. Still works so far but it worries me.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have been lucky enough that when it breaks you can remove the four bolts that hold the plat on and install an easyout where the grease hoe is an remove the broken portion of bolt. But in most cases the bolt is broken and the gearcase goes un greased. The seals in the gearcase are ment to allow a little grease to seap out but not let any dirt in. I had two calls in the last three days of people who stripped out their upper gearbox. Wish harvest would be over here in Nebraska. With 6-10 inches of snow comming it might be over for now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts