The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's probably a bad word here but has any one ran a 9650sts verses a 21/2388? We've been red for years but it seems to use the red keeps getting made a little lighter every model. But have put many acres through a rotor and do all of our own mech. work ,hate to make a mistake and trade to green and have to learn to work on them all over again. Never buy new just keep the old running... any comments

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Re: 9650sts

Ran a 9660 compared to my 2188...didn't make me rush out and buy one. Also if you think they keep making them lighter you haven't looked at the 7088, way more beef. I don't want to color bash the deere seems like an ok machine, but you can pm me for more details.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

No I'haven't looked a 7088 I can't justify nor do I want to spend quarter of a million on a combined

·
Registered
247 Posts

From what I've read over the last few years it takes far more $ to keep an STS in shape than it does a AF.

·
Registered
657 Posts

we run a 8010 now went from a 9650 sts. jd was good machine but we prefer the red one over green we had all deere before the 8010 and we are happy with red one. i know 8010 is alot bigger than 9650 but it gives nicer sample in the bin. if i were you i would look at 2588 our pioneer dealer has one and it is a very nice machine. not to start a color war but i think red is easyer to work on and alot of the parts are cheaper. this is just my opinion so dont think i am trying to bash jd they are good also.just happy with red like we always say they are all good until they break down. one other thing i do know from running sts is if you eat a rock in rotor they are real expensive to repair. i don't know if this helps but good luck in what ever you buy.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts

I wasn't necessarily saying to buy a 7088, but to look at everything they beefed up. I don't think they are trying to build them lighter.

·
Registered
293 Posts
2188 and 23s are much smaller in size compared to the JD, don't know why deeres are so wide and tall. Havn't ever hauled one, but I cut with a guy who has two and they are kindof the pits to transport.
The red combine is much simpler machine with less parts. I'm sure you know already pretty easy to work on for a combine. I've looked at prices on both machines and this also depends where you live, but the green ones are a bit more expensive. I'ts really up to you on which machine to go with. They will do the same job in the field, as far as I'm conserned, the most important thing to look at is your dealer network. Who will work for you the best?

God Bless,
Harvester88

1 - 7 of 7 Posts