The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im from australia, and own a 9650sts and 936D. It has been a good machine to us, but I would like to try and get a bit more capacity out of it. Stripping most crops we have the back 2 cages of the rotor blanked off (except for where the grain loss monitor is on the left side of the machine). I am wondering about makeing up some covers to blank of the discharge beater as well to prevent overloading the sives. Has any one ever tried this before??? Can you give me any other suggestions to make it go faster!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Putting an adjustable pre-cleaner in the 9650 will improve capacity. The original pre-cleaner is designed for corn (set over an inch open and is non-adjustable). There is not enough air flow for such a large opening when doing smaller seeds. Setting an adjustable pre-cleaner about the same as the chaffer (or top sieve) will reduce the load on the shoe. I think we bought ours from Loewen.

·
Registered
719 Posts
We just replaced the pan under the discharge beater on our 9750. It is a solid pan instead of the grates like the factory pan. I don't know if it helps or not but i will find out as soon as we go to the field. I think it makes complete sense to block off or eliminate those grates to reduce the load on the shoe. I figure if you haven't thrashed the grain by the time it gets to the discharge beater, you've got something else set wrong.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your answers! Have any of you put a power chip in? What are the risks, and what chip is the best to install?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts