The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am checking my 9650 over before wheat harvest. I found the auger will not fold out or engage. The lights do not work either. All the fuses I have found (in electrical panel behind engine) are good.

Does anyone have any ideas where to look?

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update:

I also have a high voltage alarm that has a priority code of 1. I think this is keeping things from operating. The alarm won't clear even with the engine off. It will clear briefly if you hit engine start. The service manager and I think the corner post is bad. They will be out to install a new one tomorrow.

·
Registered
778 Posts
If you have a true high voltage problem why would it be the cornerpost? I would go into each controller and read the system voltage. If they all show high that would point more to a possible voltage regulator problem in the alternator.

You need to clear all codes in each controller and see which ones come back and deal with them step by step. If the dealer is involved then they have those nice diagnostic flow charts that make it easy pinpoint the problem. It sounds like that service manager is guessing and thats not the right way to do it.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Ive had more downtime with my 50walker electrical problems than any other problems on any other machines ive owned. 2 armrest and 1 corner post in 2 years.
This year before the season I located all the grounds cleaned them and packed them with grease and added a second ground for the cab and found other factory installed grounds over paint. Maybe I finally have found a solution to all my downtime, usually took a couple of days for each module and they are like 600 a piece. I had to replace the cornerpost once since the climatrak went crazy and I couldnt get the blower to work for the A.C. I couldnt believe the Climatrak went through the cornerpost, what a Joke.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It turned out it was a board in the grain tank, not the corner post. I don't know what they call the boards, but it wasn't the mother board.

There are a lot of functions that won't work with an error code with a priority code of 1. So if the only display you get on your cornerpost is an error code, you have to fix that immediately.

As far as the service manager guessing, that is straight from detac(?). The computer said to swap boards with another machine, if available. If the problem goes away, replace the board. Another machine wasn't available, so I took the gamble with a new board.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts