The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Some pics from last harvest...here in central TX,drought combined with some strong winds caused 90% of the milo,and a little corn to be blown flat on the ground...wasn"t my favorite two weeks of harvest by a long shot, but was a new and interesting challenge.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Nice pictures.Say what you will about those row-crop heads,but they are life savers in downed milo.We had some tha was as flat as that was and picked up almost all of it with a 454 row crop head.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No more pics really wish i had more...but this summer will have more...bringing digital camera and laptop along...hopefully will be able to scavenge some wireless connections somewhere along the way and post them for everybody to see throughout the summer...really love that machine HID headlights are unreal...cant wait to see what their like in a wide open wheat field...will be getting laughed at by rest of crew tho. as i'm the only one w/out the HUR system...grain cart drivers gonna hate that machine come July

·
Registered
521 Posts
I live in Texas, too...the Texas panhandle..
EVERYONE'S milo blew down, here, too!
It was all ready to harvest at the same time, too. Seems like we had about 2 weeks of good harvesting weather before a snow/ice storm came in.. I got all of my milo in during that time; but there were a few guys that got a bunch of snow & ice on their (already down) milo. It was WAY after Thanksgiving before they got back in the field...it just kept freezing & thawing..the moisture would never just go away (except when we DON'T want it to). What a mess! I picked all of mine up with a 853A row head. I hope it is a LONG TIME before we all get to do that again!

·
Registered
72 Posts
txwheatie.. hope you remembered to close that screen...

Every time I see a row head I thank my lucky stars I don't have to grow milo so I don't have to own another one of those. I ran one from 77 to 03 and have a wealth of now obsolete experience keeping one of them running. Also still have a ton of parts in the steel row.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts