The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
We have had problems with the cylinders failing on the inside. Check for magnitizim at the swing control coils and check for pressure at the cylinder hose connections. check for blockages in the cylinder orifices. If all that is good suspect a cylinder failure.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Had the same problem on a 9500...I know it's a totally diff machine, but there are some electrical connectors on top of the 90^ bend where the auger turns and goes out. Apparently the dealer or someone had switched or plugged something in backwards, so it would only swing out about 5' and then not go back in. I switched connectors and it worked perfectly. Again, I know it's a diff machine, but it may be worth a look.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Well, it isn't still pinned or locked down for transport? Sorry, but have to ask the basics first.

Can you loosen a hose by the auger cylinder and see if it's at least trying to get oil?

·
Registered
31 Posts
60's combines do not have limit switches anymore to control swing time, they now use a software program to control it so there is no switch up there anymore.

·
Registered
400 Posts
first off, is it electrical, hydraulic, or mechanical. is it trying to swing and can't (has been a problem with the HUR auger). are the solenoids clicking on the valve stack, do all other functions work properly?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts