The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 9660 misses when you first start it up, even during the summer. Not a bad rough miss, just a consistant miss fire sound. Once it is warm after about 5 to ten minutes it goes away. Our 50 series didn't do this so I'm just curious if anybody elses does this.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Is it a miss or flutter? Also dod your 50 series have the high pressure common rail fuel system? If not that is why there was no miss. The HPCR fuel systems do have a little flutter until they get warmed up. It also could be the pilot injection.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Our missing sound was nothing to do with fuel, it was the gate valve on the aspirator tube flopping open and closing because there wasn't enough vacuum being pulled from the exhaust to open it up entirely. Check the big hose coming from your exhaust pipe [ about a foot below rain cap] its a rubber with wire inside it. Be sure it is not clogged all the way to the breather filter housing. You will see a silver cannister[may be black] this hose hooks to. That cannister keeps exhaust black soot from going back into air filter while motor is idling. When you speed motor up, the vacuum pull is greater therefore the flutter sound you hear disappears.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is probably really close to a flutter but its long enough that it sounds like a miss. Although, I would think if it was a miss it would continue after it warmed up. I'll check all the suggestions out. Thanks for the replies.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts