The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on my 9660 sts after it has sat inside for the winter. I was going to slow the rotor down all the way so I could adjust drive belt on rotor. I can not adjust the speed down all the way unless I am at Low idle. It will start to come down slightly and very slow but in order to get it down all the way I must be in low throttle position. Also my combine will not allow seperator to run well in low throttle position. It will run for a few seconds but the discharge beater warning light comes on and the seperator kicks itself out. I read in manual if this light stays on this will happen but wondering how i can prevent it. We have 2 identical twin machines and it does not happen on the other combine.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: 9660 Rotor speed will not come down at high id

Yeah the top and bottom speed on both high and low settings are smack on with the manuals listed range. It is just in order too achieve the lowest speeds at both settings I must use low throttle to get the sheaves to close all the way on the rotor.

·
Registered
193 Posts

I think what he is trying to say is that the rotor speed is good according to the book specs but his problem is that he can't get the speed down unless he is at low idle!(if im understanding right) but when at full throttle the speed will not decrease.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

No I tried in both high and low speed and the machine reacts the same.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Here I will try to explain this to you better so you understand.

My combine is an 9660 STS it has a two speed gear box that drives the rotor. It also has variable speed sheaves that drive that gear box. what I am saying is that no matter what speed my gear box is set at 1 or 2 I can not get my hydraulic controlled sheaves to release pressure to enable the rotor to slow down unless I slow my engine RPM down via the throttle. When I say my speed is smack on according to the book I mean that I can actually get the full range out of my rotor in both gears this range I believe if I remember right is 210-560 in low range and 380-1000 in high range. Now my guess at this would be either I am having trouble with one of 3 things. 1- My hydraulic Piston Which controls the movement of the sheaves is not functioning properly. 2- For some reason the electric over hydraulic controls that actuate piston is malfunctioning. or 3 The Unit that has a large spring encased on the back of my rotor gearbox that is suppose to collapse inner sheaves is malfunctioning or sticking for some reason. I was just wondering if anyone had this problem before.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts

Don't worry about elvie, he wouldn't be able to help you anyway. I understood what you meant but have been unable to think what it may be. It could be as little as a loose wire, or it could be a hydraulic component. Tom Turner might have some ideas if he sees this. Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts