The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if anyone has had any problems with the unloading auger getting choked up? It is unloading fine for a couple seconds then chokes up and sheres the bolt! We have checked every bearing, spline, Auger flighting, and nothing seems to be wrong!

·
Registered
139 Posts
What are you harvesting????????where are your covers set in the grain tank, full up???????are we dealing with a sts or conventional??????Most sts machines we see here have the timing off along way, vertical auger to 1st section horizontal unload auger???????let us know.

·
Registered
352 Posts
had a 9760 that the hub on the bottom of the vertical auger came loose and would turn the vertical auger untill it got a huge load then it would just spin inside the auger

·
Registered
10 Posts
sounds like a problem I have had twice. Both times the vertical augar was shot. Time for a new one a and a 90 degree gear box.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had that last year on 9660. Just like you are describing.

I can't really remember it exactly, without looking at it, but there was a piece cracked, up around, or on, one of the sprockets on the unloading chain. It was letting the sproket lean over and putting the chain in a bind. When I got the new piece it had been beefed up, so it must have been a common problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts