The Combine Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting my 2005 9660 delivered next week,too bad I can not use it until August.Should be a big step up from my 1996 9500 which was a super reliable combine.

Any one else have some pros and cons on the newer walker machines????

·
Registered
50 Posts
Good job done slowly

I have a 9500 (97') and 2 9650's (01')

The capacity that I picked up with my crops is very little. Like less than a half mile per hour. (grasseed is fickle to say the least)

however I am pleased with the job the 50 series does. It does very good in doing separation, but is not fast at it,

(especially for the price increase there was for them compared to our 9500) is my big gripe, its not like an upgrade in capacity that you would get with an STS, the hours on the 50's is reaching over 2000hrs now and repairs arent terrible this year, one of the lighter repair agendas for us in about 2-3yrs.

POV from a 50 series
owner< I think the new T series is the machine all we speedy non-STS guys have been wanting.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Lol its funny to see how much NA farmers care about simplicity of machines. Come on, the T-series has 3 beaters, thats not a big difference...and it has some real advatages. And the WTS (W-series) is still a normal normal walker machine...

·
Registered
61 Posts
What's wrong with caring about the simplicity of a machine? Some people don't mind getting their hands dirty and working on their own equipment. To these people the more simple a machine is to work on, the better.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Mhhh we also do all our repairs ourselves.
And I dont see why a T-Series or a Lexion combine is more complicated to repair. Some more belts and bearings? Mhh, thats no reason...

For higher performance and more comfort we accept machines to be "more complicated". I dont wanna miss any of the features we have...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After looking at the design of the t- series with how many beaters???
They do not look simple compared to the 9X00 walkers. I guess 2005
is the last yr deere made the simple walker machine.

I would buy a rotary before the T--series.

Talked to JD tech who is working on my 9660,he hates the wts,no room to work on it,asked him about the t series, he just said the 9660 was the last of the good ones....

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey 9660walker,

Im not here to nit pick, but to clarify, I meant T670, ( its deeres version of the NH CX but better) not fully realeased to the NA market, which is built in europe, not the WTS, as those too were built in europe, I have a neighbor that bought the wts' and is not all that impressed. Basically a straw beater of the walkers, yes more moving parts and things break. IMO.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
hey 9660walker.....i just took delivery of a new 2 me 9660wts and have it @ dealer getting inspected. at 700 sep. hrs rub bars were shot , didn't have chrome ones for some reason. european straw chopper knives near wore out and they r big $ just a cpl of things to check.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The dealer goes through the machine completely before it is delivered
and if something happens during harvest and can not be fixed in 24 hrs Iget a replacement machine while mine is down.

This 9660 has only harvested canola,durum,barley, no pulses...

There is 1100 sep. hrs on machine,chrome bars are original and do not show much wear,the bolts are hardly rounded off.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I doubt they are the original bars at 1100 sep hours.
Ive heard of cylinder bulkhead problems with the new T series up in Canada. They need Sunny cylinders to keep them together. I dont think the new design is necessary.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This 9660 is a 2005 has had two greenlites,same tech does all the work on this particular machine and he has never replaced the bars.

I ran a 9500 for 4 seasons,had chrome bars when I bought it in 2005,same bars in it now,still in great shape.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts