The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for canadian or north american 9660 WTS owners and i would like to hear their opinions and experiences so far.I am from zweibrücken/germany where they are produced.
Regards.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Well here in Oregon, a very large grower got in 6 last year, he ran them and claims they do a superb job compared to the sts's which he had 3 of the previous year. (Not sure why he did a 3 for 6 trade... maybe the 12 9610's he's already got
)

In grass seed the JD sts has hardly been proven, Deere doesnt know grass seed exists as a crop thus no research has been done to make them work, a couple guys think they got the sts thing down but they are far and few between, so the wts was welcome around my neck of the woods.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Two of my customers bought WTSs this past season and they too do a lot of grasses. One of them had an '03 9760 previously. I installed a Bullet rotor in it and it still did not perform they way he thought it should. When the WTS became available he immediately bought one and is quite happy with it. I should say that he harvests in tougher conditions and crops than normal. Altogether I know of three farmers running WTSs in this area and I'll be watching them closely this next season.

Just a few questions- I noticed the '06 WTS has an 8.1L HPCR engine. Will they have the 9.0L for '07?
Would the WTS concave and cylinder fit in a 9600/10/50? The reason I ask is that I like the aggressive profile of the WTS rasp bar.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Southeastern Manitoba, Canada.

I think I misunderstood you. Are you affiliated with Deere or just from the same city as the WTS factory?

·
Registered
20 Posts
In grass seed both WTS and CTS can do a very good job. We have the fan speed reduction pulley installed so we can easily switch from wheat to grass.

Jaydee, can we expect new developments from Zweibrucken ?

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes.For the 2008 season,Deere will introduce the TTS combine,which is basically a WTS with an additional separator drum with concave,and they will offer the 9880i STS with the hillmaster levelling axle.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Quote:No,the additional separator drum is located after the main cylinder.

after the main cylinder in flow

or will it be a

an ad. sep. like on the bi rotor?

·
Registered
174 Posts
it did have a second separator(as far as i know)
for already threshed product
(cleanings)
thats what i meant

·
Registered
289 Posts
No, the returns went back in infront of the rotor on the Bi- rotor.

The photo shows the return hose removed from the tube.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I used to live just an hour away from the home of Mark Underwood the inventor of the Bi-rotor. So I visited with him once or twice. Both of his birotors are probably still sitting next to his shop. Another friend from Germany went by it later and took some more photos.
There are some more photos on my old website at www.naegeleinc.com then click on birotor. I hope the site is still running. I also have a DVD from the old little video. It was done by Legleiter out of Arkansas City, KS. I got it from them.

·
Registered
174 Posts
oh you are the guy wiht the nice website about the birotor
where i got most of my informations
good info there!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts