The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Well here in Oregon, a very large grower got in 6 last year, he ran them and claims they do a superb job compared to the sts's which he had 3 of the previous year. (Not sure why he did a 3 for 6 trade... maybe the 12 9610's he's already got
)

In grass seed the JD sts has hardly been proven, Deere doesnt know grass seed exists as a crop thus no research has been done to make them work, a couple guys think they got the sts thing down but they are far and few between, so the wts was welcome around my neck of the woods.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Two of my customers bought WTSs this past season and they too do a lot of grasses. One of them had an '03 9760 previously. I installed a Bullet rotor in it and it still did not perform they way he thought it should. When the WTS became available he immediately bought one and is quite happy with it. I should say that he harvests in tougher conditions and crops than normal. Altogether I know of three farmers running WTSs in this area and I'll be watching them closely this next season.

Just a few questions- I noticed the '06 WTS has an 8.1L HPCR engine. Will they have the 9.0L for '07?
Would the WTS concave and cylinder fit in a 9600/10/50? The reason I ask is that I like the aggressive profile of the WTS rasp bar.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I used to live just an hour away from the home of Mark Underwood the inventor of the Bi-rotor. So I visited with him once or twice. Both of his birotors are probably still sitting next to his shop. Another friend from Germany went by it later and took some more photos.
There are some more photos on my old website at www.naegeleinc.com then click on birotor. I hope the site is still running. I also have a DVD from the old little video. It was done by Legleiter out of Arkansas City, KS. I got it from them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.