The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a 2008 9660WTS and heard that there are some problems with them. Any experiances with them out there?
Good and bad
Have a 9500 now.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
i purchased a 2006 model in nov and have yet to use it . changed rub bars as 4 some reason they came out without hardened rub bars

·
Registered
720 Posts
Ya they are made in germany i believe.... And yes they do have a lot of shields! The guys that owned this one before took most of them off i think as soon as they got it, so they're all like new lol. Ya it came from dealer. I dunno about it being hard to get parts though? Seems like the dealers never have what you need anyways so. Id think they would be able to get parts as fast as any other combine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Someone told me some parts were made in germany and sometimes had to wait to get them. And they are a little bit tricky to work on since there are allot of sheilds on the side of combine. All of this is just what i heard so curious to know if true. Just looking for any info. on them from guys that have them!
Did you purchase your combine from a dealer?

·
Registered
8 Posts
We have sold few of them in th past 3 years. Most of the parts are the same of a 9660 from USA. They improved the straw chopper, the chopper work better and it's easier to chop or not. The only problem we had with the combine is about the power separator over the straw walker. When you harvest in condition where it have some moisture or green stuff, the power seperator do not want to run the day after when you engage the combine seperator. The finger in the power separator still stick in the drum. It's about it the problem we had. The bad reputation for this combine is from Harvester work where they built the sts combine. They do not promote verry well this combine, they think they lost sale for STS, Competition betwen factory. It' s a verry good combine for small grain for farmer who the straw yeild is important for him. We have sold the new T670 who replace the 9660WTS. It should out perform the 9660WTS by 20%.

·
Registered
778 Posts
The T670 SHOULD outperform the WTS but it doesn't. I had 2 of my customers with WTSs that demoed a T670 last year in tough wheat and could easily keep up, even pass it. Losses and sample were similar. The only mod to the WTSs was 20% power chips but the T670 is supposed to have 50 more hp anyway.

Both machines waste too much power on the chopper. It does a good job but at a cost. Put a Redekop kit in, free up 30-40 hp plus save on fuel, and these machines would be even better.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I would not be concerned about parts coming from germany, take a walk around an STS, axles/gearboxes from Spain, computer parts from the chec republic, along with parts from Germany, so I would not be to concerned about parts supply

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
any other WTS owners find that buzzer indicating the hopper is in the up position incredibly annoying?. try driving anywhere with the seperator off and you will go nuts!!!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Hmm, Deere must be trying to catch Lexion in the bogus and extremely f**k**g annoying alarm derby.

Don

It kinda makes sense to have the buzzer. You don't want to engage the seperator with the hopper down and you should be working when the hoppers are up anyways. its not like you have to get out of the cab to put the hopper down. pretty hard to push the switch under your elbow, NOT!

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
the buzzer IS thatbad...lol...if u have ever combined by your self and have to go from the swath to to the grain truck...u will go nutts....lol...just like if you are unloading and you want 2 get off to have a leak the unloader shuts off......if u r operating a combine u should b capable of remembering simple tasks....combine manufacturers must have adopted the mother state law.....they r in charge of everything we do....buzzers r fine when the walkers....return etc plug.....but this is BS

·
Registered
791 Posts
What fuel consumption on the WTS compared to STS or 96XX? Is the chopper a poor design compared to Redekop which we have one on our 9600 and 6-7 Imp Gal/hr at 10-11 sep acre/hr in long straw.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
have only done peas so i can't really comment on fuel consumption....but i don't think the chopper works as good as the JD wide spread (not redekop)on my old 9600. doesn't seem to spread as far. there again the true test will come when i get into long wheat straw

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
We switched from a 9650 to the WTS 2 years ago, in my mind a very worthy upgrade. It is much quieter and improved capacity. The hopper alarm would be annoying traveling from swath to truck but unless it is far away I leave the machine engaged anyway. The chopper works fine but it's not the best in the biz.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The T670 SHOULD outperform the WTS but it doesn't. I had 2 of my customers with WTSs that demoed a T670 last year in tough wheat and could easily keep up, even pass it. Losses and sample were similar. The only mod to the WTSs was 20% power chips but the T670 is supposed to have 50 more hp anyway.

Greentech, the T670's are not as bad as most people think, they had problems last year with the grain loss monitors but aside from that you just had to go back to the basics of understanding and setting a combine. Most people want fast solutions when setting a combine like in the STS, set everything a little different from the cab and give'er! With the T670 the most important thing to remember is set ONE thing at a time in small increments and don't be afraid to actually get out of the cab and check the ground for a seed count and find out where its coming from, I know this sounds very time consuming but after learning the hard way how to set them properly most times you can go into a crop and have it set within 10-15 minutes. and I assure you, It will outperform a WTS in any condition by a mile when set properly!

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
attt. wts owners...check feederhose slip clutch and make sure it is tight...i lost clamp or whatever jd calls it and lost a day combining.only thing holding clutch on was chain. clutch is different than 9600 or sts models

1 - 20 of 20 Posts