The Combine Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone run a 12 row head on a 9670? It is basically the same machine as the 9770 minus the horsepower. Dealer said it would handle one fine in corn but they will also tell you anything to make a sale.

·
Registered
352 Posts
we had a guy demo a 9670 and a 12 row and it worked fine for him i dont know if the 70 series has the heavy duty lift cylinders standard on them now or not but if you dont have them you will need them

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yes it can handle a 12 row head. I ran one last fall. Once you get around 3500 bushels per hour it gets close to being maxed out. In reality, to keep it going non stop all day you need 2 grain carts.

Trying to unload a full hopper going up a slight hill would pull it down to about 3.5 mph. A 9770 would be nicer, but a 9670 will definitely do the job.

I got another 9670 for next year instead of a 9770.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
139 Posts
We have several out with this combination and have no issues , just make sure the 9670 is a 12 row ready machine and not a 8row machine. Also I assume that the 612c is non-chopping????I don't think that would be a wise choice.With that in mind it will work very well for you.

·
Registered
400 Posts
custom cutter customer of mine ran several 9670's with 1291 corn heads, they did say that they were a little low on power, but not too bad

·
Registered
400 Posts
my customer did not have the high torque variable drive, (just the hd variable) and the did have problems with one of them

·
Registered
380 Posts
The intake of volume of material can be controled with speed, but the stress on the variable speed drive will be alot more, and that has always been a weak link in the combine.

·
Registered
50 Posts
deerefever it is a chopping corn head, do u think chiping it will be enough for horsepower to run it. if not is there any way to take out the fuel pump and get a little more power beyond a chip. I'm not worried about voiding a warrenty, so full steam ahead.
Thanks everyone

·
Registered
11 Posts
If it is a chopping head, I think you are going to run into problems.
The 9870 needs the intelligent power management for the Chopping head and has rated of 480HP and boost up to 514HP

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have a 9760 w/ a 12R30 gerringhoff and I didn't have enough power until I chipped it even than I could only get 4.5mph out of it doing 190bu corn.

·
Registered
139 Posts
430u, I don't believe even with a chip the 9670 wouldn't be a good choice for a 612c chopping, how ever a regular 612c will be fine on a 9670sts.As far as 9670sts with h-duty reverser, there is really no reason a 12 row would cause any drive line issues, when proper belt adjustment is done.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I agree acleighton, back in 96 a couple of us switched over a 1243 cornhead to 16/22, rebuilt all the cases, new g.v.l plastic.We adjusted the variable belt using the alt. method, with no issues, what combine was it on do you ask????1990 9600 that was 12row ready. I had doubts at first ,but after 5 seasons running 4.5-5.5m.p.h in irrigated corn I believed !!.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts