The Combine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey fellows I'm new here just found this on the Internet just wondering if anyone could help with my problem here? We have a 9670 with an 8 row head and we cant keep it from leaving to much corn in the tailing's.we are pulling corn between 150 and 220 bushel corn with the moister between 15 and 20. could someone maybe give me there settings or tell me what i can do to fix this. we have had several people, even the Deere guys come out and try to fix this but no one can seem to make it do the job.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes i have tried slowing down and speeding up and have tried open and closing down everthing it does the best when you run 5.5 to 6.5 mph is that to fast. thats what everbody tells me is to load it up but i dont no enough about it. we just got this thing. we had a 2166 for the last 10 years proble and that a big step to jump to

·
Registered
139 Posts
Well the first thing too look at is the type of chaffer and sieve????is it deep tooth or general purpose chaffer and sieve???and if it is deep tooth or general purpose is the calibration correct, meaning actual opening corresponds with the no. displayed on adu.5.5 -6.5 mph is ideal speed as long as the moisture is 25%or less.What is the actual reading of the tailings monitor???half or less is ideal.

·
Registered
588 Posts
need more info, how many bars is the readout showing?
Are you putting anything on the ground?
What does your sample look like?

I suspect you are running it right, it just is different than you are used to.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the monitor is reading half or more thats what the deere man told us to run it at. the sample has some cob in it. yes it is putting it on the ground a pretty good bit of it. the machine seems to do better in good corn but where there is weak spots in the field it poors it out

·
Registered
26 Posts
On our 9670s we go 5-6mph or whatever it takes to feed it. I would check the chaffer and sieve and see if it is a deep tooth. Deep tooth is supposed to better for corn. When i set ours we only have one maybe 2 bars reading in the returns bar graph. On your corner post does it show loss more from the sieves or the rotor? When you talk about poor performance in poor spots that is starting to sound like rotor loss. In rubbery corn I have had better luck tightening the concaves and slowing the rotor just a little. Hope you get it figured out, I know they will do the job right there just has to be something overlooked.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts