The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The combine will randomally come to a stop while thrashing with orerator in seat. stoped one time while driving on the hiway and could not move for an half hour. dealership trys to blame it all on the seat switch. we still have the problem so they wanted to convert them back to a cable to the hydro and they dont stop any more but they still disengage the seaprator on there own and will not re engage sometimes for quite a while after multiple restarts. has any one had this kind of truble with a 2009 9670 sts equiped with auto harvest.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I got a 2010 9770 equiped with it. I started pulling corn today it is the first crop i have harvested with it and randomly like you say it will just come to a stop. It will buck and throw you into the steering wheel then stop ill put it in neutral and it still wants to pull foward. then it stops, the seperator or head wont disengage but it wont go anywhere. Ill turn it off and wait ten minutes for it to do it again 5 minutes later. I got deere out today trying to figure out what was causing it. But all the trouble shoot codes let back to that.

·
Registered
75 Posts
it is weight related now how sensitive it is idk. its just like the tractors if u dont weigh enough it will not let u move either. had that problem in a 8520T and the seat was broke cause it wasnt holding the switch properly and it couldnt detect the operator in the seat. it may only be 50-100 pounds that is needed but the is a min weight and you can always take the switch out and just jump it. but i would not do it for safety reasons

·
Registered
21 Posts
Its not weight related. They took the PTP control main box out from right under the cab on mine. It came from Deere no good. But they replaced it and everything seems to be working right now. It was just a bad computer. You can still drive the machine no matter how much you weighg you just might not be able to throw it in gear. but mine was just randomly stopping like 9670 sts said and would not move or go in gear but with that new computer everything seems to be fixed now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts