The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I have a 9670 with a very sloppy turbo actuator linkage it's a simple little rod but jd seems to think it's worth 770 bucks for something I can hold in my hand . Does anyone know where i can get one alot cheaper? Any feed back is appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
257 Posts
You can buy the linkage separately from the actuator. They run around $350. Still not cheap but half of what you were told.

·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts
$495 for that linkage when I just looked it up. RE535990 ? WOW!
I don't have it in hand. Is it just a ball end linkage? what is worn? Can you get new ends from MSC or McMaster or someone? For that amount of money, I bet a machine shop could weld and recut some worn metal.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
$495 for that linkage when I just looked it up. RE535990 ? WOW!
I don't have it in hand. Is it just a ball end linkage? what is worn? Can you get new ends from MSC or McMaster or someone? For that amount of money, I bet a machine shop could weld and recut some worn metal.
Hi guys. Sorry I missed your replys. I've been on a cruise. Just missed San Juan s earthquake. Both knuckles are wore. Both the ball and the bushing inside the female joint. Looks like the whole thing needs to be replaced but was hoping for a cheaper source. Might have to bite the bullet and buy from Deere. Thanks for your help

Attachments

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
I'm no machinist, but I think even I could make up a new one of those, probably only cost 50-60 bucks. Look like just regular tie rod ends you could get at Piston Ring.

·
Registered
340 Posts
The actuator may be trying to sweep constantly because it isn’t set correctly (Or is worn out) That will cause it to wear faster. When you turn the key without starting engine does it sweep 3 or four times? Does it throw an actuator turbo code on your screen?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts