The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I have a 9670 with a very sloppy turbo actuator linkage it's a simple little rod but jd seems to think it's worth 770 bucks for something I can hold in my hand . Does anyone know where i can get one alot cheaper? Any feed back is appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
253 Posts
You can buy the linkage separately from the actuator. They run around $350. Still not cheap but half of what you were told.

·
Premium Member
2,016 Posts
$495 for that linkage when I just looked it up. RE535990 ? WOW!
I don't have it in hand. Is it just a ball end linkage? what is worn? Can you get new ends from MSC or McMaster or someone? For that amount of money, I bet a machine shop could weld and recut some worn metal.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
$495 for that linkage when I just looked it up. RE535990 ? WOW!
I don't have it in hand. Is it just a ball end linkage? what is worn? Can you get new ends from MSC or McMaster or someone? For that amount of money, I bet a machine shop could weld and recut some worn metal.
Hi guys. Sorry I missed your replys. I've been on a cruise. Just missed San Juan s earthquake. Both knuckles are wore. Both the ball and the bushing inside the female joint. Looks like the whole thing needs to be replaced but was hoping for a cheaper source. Might have to bite the bullet and buy from Deere. Thanks for your help

Attachments

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
I'm no machinist, but I think even I could make up a new one of those, probably only cost 50-60 bucks. Look like just regular tie rod ends you could get at Piston Ring.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts