The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have 9670 with john deere 612c head, in 28 to 30% corn and its grinding into meal, tried a bunch of different settings but no luck. is there something i have to put on the combine or is there a solution to this?

thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes the accelarator is in the slow position the concave is at 30 and rotor slowed down to 400

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes using the round bar ones,

what are the backswept feed acc strips?

was told by the dealer there are 3 different kinds of these deals for the accelarator.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Put less aggressive strips on the feed accelerator, and slow the rotor down to 300-320. Try running a slower rotor speed with a tighter concave setting. If you get the concave to wide, the crop will not flow smoothly and sit there and be subjected to more rotor contact.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Started corn today with the exact same setup. Moisture was a steady 29% and got along pretty good with rotor at 320, concave at 29. Besides everything mentioned, I also have the seperator grate spacers in. I think every machine is gonna have some fines though with this awful wet stuff. Sure does take some power, limited to 3.2 mph at 2200 rpm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts