The Combine Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do guys like their 9670's? Enough power for size of machine.
How many tonnes of wheat can you harvest.

I currently have a TR98 and am wondering what to upgrade to. TR98 is about 270hp I think. A 360hp CR9060 is the smallest NH availiable here and I think is more than I need unless I pick up extra work so am wondering about a 9670 @ 305hp for something in between. We have steep hills so need some pulling power and need a chopper.

Any comments would be appreciated.

·
Registered
486 Posts
You would like the 9670 in Australian conditions. We run 3 of them now with the 36 foot drapers, and they are matched just absolutely beautifull.

The only time i think they might be a little light is when you are pulling 40 ton/hour in wheat, unloading on the go with the chopper on fast and the knives all the way in. In that particular condition another 40-50 hp would be nice, but looking at just how much more a 9770 costs we can live with slowing down a little every now and then.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Are the hills really steep rusty??....or are they merely overgrown
gopher mounds?? Anything like this:

....or this:

........or maybe like this:

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
All kidding aside.........
good luck with your search for a new
machine.....hope that you find one that is a perfect fit!

·
Registered
400 Posts
now to get back on track,a customer of ours ran several 9670's last year with 635F's, they did feel that they were a little short on power, but if your coming up from 270hp, it should be fine.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Can you "chip" a 9670?* If so you can have 9770 power for a fracton of the cost.* I know of a few 9660's that are "chipped" and guys claim the power improvement is quite noticeable.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Yo Tom!
Some of what you see in the picture above are grapes.....the
rest are sweet cherries....... a lot of sweet cherries around The Dalles.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hmmm more like oversized gopher mounds I guess, nothing like you have.

Great pics though I hadn't seen much from 98j for a while.

We are hilly enough that if the deal is right I would rather have self levelling sieves. I have never seen a Hilco in Australia.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Don't worry Rusty, not everyone is as crazy as 98j and his friends. Some of the country farmed that I saw travelling through Washington State I felt mountain goats would feel nervous.

Back to your question, a mate of mine (contract harvester) runs both 96' and 97s and he feels that in most cases the 96s' are better value for money in Australian conditions. Just depends on how hard you want to push it I suppose.

·
Registered
143 Posts
We went from a TR97 to a 9670 last year. I would say about a 30% gain on productivity. Maybe a little more. We have a 30 foot draper on it. Sometimes I wish it was a 36ft and somtimes 30ft is all it will handle. Just depends on how mother nature has blessed us! As far as power I think in wheat a 9770 would give you more acres for the HP bump but in barley we started to throw over the sieve before we maxed out on power so the 9770 would not be an advantage.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts